- We own or control;
- Are available through the Services; or
- Interact with the Services.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Aloha:
- Information you provide:
We collect information when you create or update your Aloha account. This may include your name, email address, phone number, login name and password, address, zip code, payment or banking information (including related payment or banking information), government identification numbers such as Aadhar number, birth date, photograph and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information for drivers.
We may collect certain demographic information about you, including through user surveys. We may further collect information that you submit when you contact Aloha Customer Care, provide ratings to the drivers or other when you contact Aloha.
- Information we collect as you access and use our services:
In addition to any Protected Information or other information that you choose to submit, we collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services automatically (or passively). This information may include the browser that you are using to access Aloha, the URL that referred you to our services, all of the areas within our Services that you visit or browse, among other information. In addition, we collect your Data Identifier (e.g. IMEI number for your mobile) that is automatically assigned to you Device.
In case of booking via call centre, Aloha may record calls for quality and training purposes. Furthermore, depending on your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate tracking information through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi as you navigate through our Services.
- Information from other sources:
We may supplement the information we collect about you through our website or Mobile Application or Services with outside records from third parties. These may include:
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Aloha business partners through which you create or access your Aloha account, such as payment providers, social media services among others.
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Aloha may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
- Information collected by mobile applications:
Aloha may collect and use technical data and related information, including technical information about your device, system and application software, which is gathered sporadically to facilitate the provision of the software updates, product support and other services to you.
When you use our application, we may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device, in addition to the Device Information, including but not limited to:
- Your preferred language.
- The manufacturer and model of you mobile device.
- Your mobile operating system.
- Your geolocation.
- Information about your interaction with the Mobile Application and any of our websites to which the Mobile Application links.
- Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Mobile Application.
- How we use your information:
Aloha uses the information collected from you to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our delivery of services to you and make your experience more worthwhile upon the usage of such services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Automated processing of your information to enable Dynamic Pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on the constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic among other factors.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- To track the progress of your ride.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a complaint about a driver, refer a friend to Aloha, split fares, or share your estimated time of arrival.
- Enable features to personalize you Aloha account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places to visit, and enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Enable accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those which enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and to receive flashing trip request notification instead of sound notifications.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
- Use your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer our web site(s). Your IP address is used to help identify you, but contains no personal information about you.
- Share of your information (such as your name, pick up address, contact number) to the driver who accepts your request for transportation so that the driver may contact and pick you up. The companies for which the drivers work (that are providing the transportation service) are also able to access such information.
- Share your information to the other users who shall be travelling with you in the vehicle assigned to you, should you choose any pooled vehicle feature.
- Use your geo-location information for various purposes, including for you to be able to view drivers in your area that are close to you location, to send you promotions [add this point in some previous point].
In addition, we may use the information provided by you to:
- To provide you with information or services or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive including to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of us or third parties;
- To enable you to participate in a variety of the Services features such as online or mobile entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
- To contact you with regard to your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to the Services and/or the Services policies;
- For internal business purposes;
- For inclusion in our data analytics; and
Furthermore, we may use the information collected from you for targeted advertisement. This involves using information collected on an individual’s web or mobile browsing history such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than our web site(s). The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be lined back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number.
- How and when do we disclose information to third parties:
We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, provide or performs certain aspects of the services on our behalf- such as drivers and companies they work for to provide the services, design and operate services features, track the services analytics, provide customer support, engage in anti-fraud and security measures, perform technical servers, enable us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services. These third parties will have access to user information, including protected information to only carry out the services they are performing for you.
Certain aspects of the services may be provided in association with third parties such as sponsors and charities, and may require you to disclose your protected information to them. If you opt to register for products and/or services through these services, you shall have deemed to consent to providing your information to both us and the third party.
We may offer promotions through the services that may require registration. By participating in a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain certain requirements of you allowing the sponsor to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion. If you choose to enter a promotion, you agree that your information may be disclosed to the third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfilment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
We cooperate with Government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Protected Information, IP address, Device Information or geo-location data), to Government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate:
- To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, Governmental requests or legal process;
- To protect and/or defend the Terms and Conditions for online and mobile Services or other policies applicable to any online and mobile Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- To protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Company, our Services or any third party;
- To protect the safety of the public for any reason;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and /or
- To prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.
Aloha may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Backgrounds check providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Aloha or on Aloha’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist Aloha to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Restaurant partners.
- Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
We may share your information, including your Protected Information and Usage Information with third parties for any purpose, including but not limited to undertaking market research/ study, conduct data analysis, determine and customize product or service offerings, to improve the products or Services or to make any other benefits/products/ services available to you.
- Information collected by Drivers:
- Change of information:
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your Protected Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email address mentioned on our website or Mobile Application. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Services by following the instructions contained within an e-mail or by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences.
- If upon modifying or changing the information earlier provided to us, we find it difficult to permit access to our Services to you due to insufficiency/ inaccuracy of the information, we may, in our sole discretion terminate your access to the Services by providing you a written notice to this effect on your registered email id.
- Cancellation of account:
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through email address mentioned on the trip bill received. We will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including geo-location) for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you services. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including geo-location, trip history, and transaction history) as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account, investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reason. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
The Protected Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.